1. In the Andrew Jackson documentary we saw, the main point is that Andrew Jackson was a liked and hated man. He was determined to become president and when it finally happened he soon began to show some warning signs. He had many controversies, was war hungry, very stern and always put his foot down on decisions.
2. From views of the speakers, it seems like they are not in favor of
Jackson. I think we were missing the voice of people that did admire
Jackson as a past president. But then again, not many people were fond
of him because of his actions (taking Indian land, wishing death on
3. Our class activity helped me understand some things that I may not
have caught on my own. For example, doing the group discussion I found
out that Jackson was "military crazy" and that snuck past me while
watching the documentary.
4. We discussed Jackson's reasons behind moving Indians out of their
land and we discovered that he kind of manipulated them by telling them
he was moving them for their own good when really he wanted their land
for farming and the possibility of gold.
5. I'm still wondering more about Jackson's love life, I know it's
not that important but his love drama reminded me of a t.v. Show and I
actually found it quite interesting